Friday, January 23, 2009

CNY-less, 3rd anniversary

Chinese New Year is coming.
And this is going to be my 3rd year of CNY-less. My first and second CNY-less year were kinda pathetic; I remember I had to study for exams, attended classes like not-CNY, not surrounded by any CNY-related things, and listened CNY songs from YouTube. One word: Pathetic.

My American friends once asked me, do people in Malaysia celebrate CNY? I was like "duh?". Well, I do not blame them for asking this "duh" question, I mean after all it is Chinese New Year, which make them think that it is only for Chinese aka China people. Another friend of mine was suprised with my sadness for CNY-less. Do you know how I answered his suprise-ness?

"Imagine you are far away from family during Christmas, and you are also not surrounded with Christmas Tree, Christmas Presents, and Christmas food." -this is what I answered.

Well, I guess this yr's CNY-less might be slightly better than the previous years. Reason? I just received a CNY card and an angpau, bought "nian gao", going to a CNY Food Fair, and most importantly, I dont have to study for exam or go to class :)

p/s: For those who think that studying/working overseas is COOL, think again.

おかあさんとエリースさん、ありがとう。わたしはとてもhappy!

No comments: